Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New to the club

So hi I'm new here. I've wanted to get back into writing and finally got the courage. If your reading be patient with me as I figure out what I'm doing and if your not, I'll still write anyway.

My husband works weird hours so it's usually me and my dog around the house. We just had our first anniversary on Sunday. It was a good day but I won't pretend to lie and say being married is hard... Sometimes so so hard. I love the man and he is so good to me but putting up with someone else EVERY day and them having to see me at my absolute worst has definitely been interesting. I've learned a lot about myself and about the man I've married in the past year. After five years he has finally mastered the art of gift giving. The necklace he bought is definitely a far cry from the socks and lotion he bought me for our first Christmas together. What is it with guys who can't shop? Like I said, he has mastered this art but thinking back he has made some interesting choices.

Anyway I won't pick on him anymore tonight. It's been a long day for me and tomorrow will be just as long: the day with the boss. I just got a new boss with my job in March and I have really enjoyed working with her thus far. My co-workers and I have started this new game: You know your in a redneck town when...  Now being from a rural community we are only poking fun at the hilarious things we see driving everyday. I am the all time master beginning with a gas station that has a tackle shop attached and a sign that says "We buy gold" It's pretty much a one stop shop ;)

Another reason for starting this is to be able to keep track of my cooking. I am not a professional chef in the making by any means but I absolutely love cooking and baking. Tonight's menu: Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings... DELISH!

If anybody wants the recipe it is:
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
4 chicken breasts (raw)
1 onion
carrots and celery I always add in
salt and pepper
water if needed to cover meat mix
1-2 cans of biscuit dough

You throw everything except the biscuits in a crockpot for 5-6 hours waiting for the last 30 mins to cut up the dough in pieces and put in to cook. This is super easy and is great, I have a friend whose tried turkey too.

That's all for today, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment